Thursday, March 15, 2012

Virtual Memory is Too Low



I recently cleaned up a buddy's computer that was overloaded with spyware, adware, trojans, worms, extraneous anti-virus software, and all the other little .exe files from all the programs installed that were useless eaters of RAM, making his CPU operate at a sloth's pace. His PC stopped working and kept displaying the "Virtual Memory is Too Low" warning. When he called me for help, I sighed and told him to bring it over and leave it with me, I'll get to it later, it could take awhile.

It's a chore I hate so much that I perpetually procrastinate on it when it comes to my own collection of PC's. It seems like I'm always troubleshooting and repairing PCs for family and friends --which probably plays a role in my reluctance to do it for myself -- but I digress.


After cleaning off all the accumulated crap and then de-fragging, optimizing an rebooting numerous times, I was finally done. I hate PC maintenance with a passion. Too much time wasted staring at the progress bar of the uninstall program, than rebooting, than scanning the registry and cleaning up the residual files left behind. One uninstall down, 10 more to go.

What a drag. When the computer is as bogged down and infested as bad  as my buddies', there is no shortcuts other than to dump it and buy a new one.

But doing him this favor also gives a lot of time for rumination. This latest round of PC maintenance-chore boredom gave me the time to reflect on the prevailing paradigm of the manosphere: TAKE THE RED PILL

There's a reason the Matrix red pill/blue pill allegory has become so popular here at the fringe outposts on the interwebz... ...because once you "take the red pill," you really do start to recognize patterns in the attitudes and behaviors that manifest in the denizens of society you interact with or observe from close proximity.

Programming recognition. 

The program is a social engineering module that can be recognized on your registry if you know how to look for it. It usually shows up as:

BraveNewWorldOrder.exe or BNWO.EXE

It's actually not just one, single unified program that is installed on your operating system to control your behavior, it's a smorgasbord of smaller programs like all the spyware and adware that surreptitiously infects your PC over a long period of internet usage, slowly and gradually acquiring more and more .exe files that eat up most of your virtual memory, so that you are not consciously aware of how distracted you are from reality or how it's really screwed your operating system's function up.


Taking the red pill's first effects is similar to hitting CNTRL-ALT-DELETE and looking at your Windows Task Manager Processes tab to recognize which processes are necessary, which ones are not vital, but you don't mind using some of your RAM on, and which of those slow you down and contribute to your eventual complete shutdown. So you download Crap Cleaner and Spybot and commence cleaning up your registry. It can take years, but it is possible.

Before the Red Pill, my processes tab would've looked something like this:


ctfmon.exe
Emasc.exe
FeminineImperative.exe
firefox.exe
DEBTREG.EXE
scvhost.exe
FastFoodCrave.exe
BNWO.EXE
NiceGuy.exe
tskmanager.exe
explorer.exe
HighSchoolDiploma.exe
CollegeDegree.exe
snacker.exe
SolarPhobia.exe
hearthealthywholegrains.exe
LJBF.EXE
WhiteKnight.exe
churchianity.exe
TMA_KEMPO.EXE
PassiveAggressive.exe
DEBTREG.EXE
obedience.exe
PATRIOT.EXE
CaloriesInCaloriesOut.exe
BrandLoyalty.exe
entitlement.exe
plugin-container.exe
winlogon.exe
DEBTREG.EXE
consumerism.exe
ThinkGreen.exe
TeamElephant.exe
AlcBeer.exe
careerism.exe
DEBTREG.EXE
talkradio.exe
NationalFootballLeague.exe
autoloan.exe
RENTDUE.EXE
defertofem.exe
MMA_UFC.EXE
AlcWhsky.exe
SatFatPhobia.exe
ICECREAM.EXE
DEBTREG.EXE
polyunsatfat.exe
hunt.exe
HFCS.EXE
msg.exe
cbsnbcabcfoxcnn.exe
begandplead.exe
AMC.EXE
BlowMeUpTom.exe
plugin-container.exe
plugin-container.exe
TurkeyBacon.exe
fluoride.exe
svchost.exe
surf.exe
dextrose.exe
neocon.exe
PATRIOTACT.EXE
maltodextrin.exe
NightLife.exe
TexturedVegetableProtein.exe
RedMeatPhobia.exe
MMA_PRIDEFC.EXE
newsweek.exe
DEBTREG.EXE
FauxNewsChannel.exe
WSJ.EXE
NationalReview.exe
HonoluluAdvertiser.exe
HonoluluStarBulletin.exe
DEBTREG.EXE
FAT-FREE.EXE
timewarner.exe
ChronicCardio.exe
TMA_Kali.exe


Way too many processes eating up my virtual memory and slowing me down. The BNWO.EXE  appeared to use the most memory, but you can't just stop that process and delete it from your registry. You have to delete a whole host of other processes and registry entries first, before you can successfully purge your system of this most insidious program.

It's taken a long time, but I think I've finally purged it. I'm now at the point where I'm optimized for smoother, faster, more efficient operations from here on out.

Looking at my Windows Task Manger Processes Tab now should looks more like this:

ctfmon.exe
LEAD.EXE
voxology.exe
mmsl.exe.
MasculineImperative.exe
firefox.exe
IMF.EXE
scvhost.exe
NationalFootballLeague.exe
Unapologetic.exe
tskmanager.exe
explorer.exe
chateau.exe
TMA_KEMPO.EXE
SolarExpose.exe
hearthealthybutter.exe
hunt.exe
ltrgame.exe
mmsl.exe
ConfdntAssertve.exe
humble.exe
minarchy.exe
lozlolzolzolzolzlozl.exe
Cacao86%.exe
plugin-container.exe
winlogon.exe
AVfM.exe
thrift.exe
TraditionalChristianity.exe
apathyonpolitics.exe
EvlPtrchy.exe
AlcBeer.exe
BlueCollar.exe
guitar.exe
NationalFootballLeague.exe
MMA_UFC.EXE
AlcWhsky.exe
SatFatPhobia.exe
NctneCgar.exe
ICECREAM.EXE
Cacao72%.exe
TheSpearhead.exe
DALROCK.EXE
monosatfat.exe
lozlolzolzolzolzlozl.exe
Cacao86%.exe
plugin-container.exe
plugin-container.exe
svchost.exe
IMF.EXE
GrassFedMeat.exe
HIIT.EXE
DEBTREG.EXE
patriactionary.exe
TMA_Kali.exe
TheSpearhead.exe
NctneCgar.exe
svchost.exe
BACON.EXE
FreeRange.exe
CL.EXE
firefox.exe


There are still a few processes I could still delete to streamline and optimize things a bit more...but those ancillary programs also provide unmeasurable utility, so I deem them worth the miniscule amount of processing they take up. In the aggregate, I'm still running far more efficiently and effectively than I used to.

Have you taken a look at your registry lately?

19 comments:

tweell said...

I prefer the corporate method of PC cleanup. Get the computer set up the way you want it, then take an image and store it on DVDs. When the PC starts slowing down, grab off the few actual files with your USB drive and re-image the hard drive. It takes some time in the beginning, but in the long run is faster (at least for me).

Wp said...

You're running 2 Cacao86% and the outdated 72% version.

Time to upgrade to 90%!!!

Yohami said...

I liked the comparison. So much stuff using brainpower and what not, that can and should be uninstalled to make room for better processes.

Grit said...

Haha u sure lozlollolzz.exe isn't some spyware ? ;)

but seriously most guys have the tendency to just go wild and chunk the machine, guess that's like a murderer in real life.

Anonymous said...

I loved it, especially the turkeybacon on the old list, which my (then) toddler daughter never stopped calling "pukey bacon", and the BACON on the new one. Simple things can change your life.

You made me think of something - I'm linking to you, I hope it's okay.

Long Duc Dong said...

Ha, I love the analogy.

Southern Man said...

That's a nice analogy. I may steal it. I think you gave up too many "bacon" processes though.

With a relatively new computer there's simply no reason to not run virtual machines for Internet use. Fire up a VM, do whatever, blow away the VM; any viruses or malware you might have picked up vanish in a binary fog. I also play the corporate trick of developing good images and reloading those on my web machine on a regular basis.

Badger said...

LOZL-worthy for sure...but dude, what's wrong with Tom Leykis?

Turkey bacon = fake-food hell.

Ferdinand Bardamu said...

In Mala Fide - so nice, you gotta have it open twice.

Keoni Galt said...

There's nothing wrong with Tom Leykis. He was my very first red pill dealer, that's for sure.

He's not on the latest processes list because his show is no longer on the radio...though he's supposed to be doing a new online radio show starting this April I think?

I listened to Tom for close to 5 years on a daily basis...in many ways, his show laid the foundation for my baseline understanding when I first discovered Game theory on teh interwebz.

It was like "No shit....that's exactly what Tom was describing!"

Yes, Turkey Bacon...and ground turkey - I never want to eat those products ever again. (LOWER FAT THAN GROUND BEEF!)

Keoni Galt said...

LOL @ Ferd.

But of course-ly!

Deansdale said...

Thanx, Keoni :)

I hate it the most when people who ask me to clean up their PC want to be there and keep asking questions.
Lemme work, dammit :)

finndistan said...

I was going to comment on the BlowMeUpTom.exe element, as that one little element has literally saved my soul, and my life. It was through Leykis that I realized I was not the intolerant one, that I was being forced to tolerate the untolerable, that I was not mentally sick, that I was actually doing what I should have been doing.

BlowMeUpTom.Exe made me accept that I had swallowed the Red Pill long time ago, and that it was the right choice. Then came the rest... Keoni, Ferd, and understanding of Roissy, Vox, and the list goes on.

About 86% Cacao,

Try this:

3 spoons pure cacao
Hot water
few spoons of coconut milk/paste...

Way better than any Lindt, Milka, Green&Blacks...

gallier2 said...

lol

you've 2 instances of firefox.exe which means you're too much on the Internetz...

Anonymous said...

Lol. Made my day, forgot how good I had it.

Anonymous said...

Take the computing red pill: get rid of Windows and go Linux. You will not regret it.

Badger said...

"There's nothing wrong with Tom Leykis. He was my very first red pill dealer, that's for sure.

He's not on the latest processes list because his show is no longer on the radio...though he's supposed to be doing a new online radio show starting this April I think?"

Good point. He is coming back on April 2, with a streaming show:

http://blowmeuptom.com/Leykis/The_Tom_Leykis_Show.html

For new red pillers, lots of Leykis recordings available at:
http://www.leykisonline.com/recordings/andromeda.php

Turkey bacon is evil, but I've never minded ground turkey, sometimes I like the lighter flavor changeup from ground beef (never was concerned about the fat content, I never deluded myself to thinking I was eating healthier with ground bird).

Anonymous said...

Check out this short vid on coconut oil
http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/mp4/LJO190v1_WS

LP2021 Bank of LP Work in Progress said...

Very helpful thank you!!