Sunday, June 3, 2012

Paleo Radiation Therapy


Now what the hell is "Paleo" Radiation Therapy? It's simple, it's free, and when combined with loosely adhered to "Paleo" diet principles, results in achieving optimal health for those who do it on a regular basis!

To be more precise: Paleo Solar Radiation Therapy -- aka sunbathing without sunscreen at high noon.

Gratuitous, misogynistic and exploitative photo of Paleo Radiation Therapy in action!

 
Vitamin D is the keystone nutrient. You can eat the healthiest human diet possible, exercise regularly and get a good nights sleep every night....but develop a Vitamin D deficiency, and you will eventually get sick.

Guaranteed.

The best source of Vitamin D, is giving your bare skin direct exposure to the full spectrum of solar radiation when the sun is directly overhead your given latitude on the planet.

In most places, this is the 10:00am - 4:00pm window for which all the Brave New World Order healthcareindustry representatives and propaganda organs tell us we should try to avoid as much as possible, and that if we must go outdoors during that time period, we must cover up as much as possible and slather on the sunscreen.

Think I'm exaggerating? Here's the top 5 search results I got for googling "Prevent Skin Cancer"

Center for Disease CONTROL - "The hours between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. daylight savings time (9 a.m. to 3 p.m. standard time) are the most hazardous for UV exposure outdoors in the continental United States."

WebMD - "Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible during peak UV radiation hours between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m."

ThirdAge.com - "Try to avoid sun exposure between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. This is when the sun's rays are most damaging."

FamilyDoctor.org - "Avoid the sun. Sunlight damages your skin. The sun is strongest during the middle of the day, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. During these hours, the sun can do the most damage to your skin."

About.com - "Avoid going outdoors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is when the sun's rays are brightest, causing the most damage to skin. If you have to go outdoors, be sure to lather on sunscreen."

This, we are told, is to protect us from developing skin cancer decades later, due to the damage that comes from supposedly getting too many sunburns in our careless youth.

Every single weather report on the local news channels in Hawaii will always have the weatherman advising to not forget the sunscreen if the forecast is for sunny weather. When I say always, I mean ALWAYS. I cannot recall a single instance in the past decade for which the TV weatherman has not trotted out the old sunscreen advisory.

Hmmmm.....stay out of the mid-day sun! If you must, wear hats, long sleeves and don't forget the sunscreen!

This is the conventional wisdom of our mass media healthcare narrative, is it not?

But wait a minute - Sunscreen blocks out solar radiation, which MAY help prevent sunburn...but the most important thing you need to realize is that it also prevents your skin from manufacturing the Vitamin D that is so vital to every single aspect of your health. Even Winston Wiki over at the Ministry of Truth admits it!


This is essentially what we are really being told when we are advised to avoid the mid-day sun and to wear sunscreen at all times:

THIS IS DISINFORMATION DESIGNED TO MAKE YOU BEHAVE IN A MANNER FOR WHICH YOU WILL EVENTUALLY DEVELOP SUB-CLINICAL LEVELS OF VITAMIN D PRODUCTION.

THIS WILL MAKE YOU SICK IN A MYRIAD OF WAYS FOR WHICH OUR MODERN HEALTH CARE AND PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES CAN PROFIT FROM BY TREATING THE SYMPTOMS FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME, RIGHT UP UNTIL THE DAY YOU DIE.

YOU WILL BE KEPT ON MAINTENANCE MEDICATIONS THAT ALLEVIATE THE SYMPTOMS AS LONG AS YOU TAKE THEM, BUT YOUR FUNDAMENTAL ISSUE (VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY) WILL NEVER BE FIXED AS LONG AS YOU DO YOUR BEST TO FOLLOW THIS DISINFORMATION TO "FIGHT SKIN CANCER!"


For those of us in the equatorial and northern hemisphere of the planet, we are in the beginning days of summer. NOW is the best time to get your daily dosage of vitamin D.

The HEALTHY TAN is NOT an oxymoron...it's the literal truth. A healthy tan indicates optimal vitamin D levels.

You only need to sunbathe for 15 - 45 minutes a day at mid-day to develop a nice tan. Even though you're sunbathing when we are told not to, and you are not wearing the sunscreen protection we are told we should, you still want to avoid getting sunburned (duh...of course, who likes sunburns?).

Just keep your awareness about your level of solar radiation tolerance. Sun bathe until you start to sweat...once your skin BEGINS to get pink, you're approaching your personal "burn zone."

As you develop your tan over a period of weeks, you'll be able to slowly increase your tolerance. Even the most paleface of pale faces can develop a true tolerance if they're careful, deliberate and dedicated. Even if you're not careful about your diet and you eat a lot of processed/convenience and fast foods, your sun tolerance can still be developed (it's just a lot easier if you eat a paleo diet, as a natural, real food diet is anti-inflammatory and makes your skin cells much more resilient to damage).

Mark Sisson at Mark's Daily Apple has some good advice on the kind of foods you can eat to help develop your sun tolerance.

Sun Tolerance = Optimal Vitamin D Production

 

I have a bud who is pure Norweigan blood, plantnium blonde hair and blue eyes. He's a surf fanatic, and had a melanoma removed from his face.

Funny thing was, for his entire life, he NEVER went surfing without first putting on waterproof sunscreen on. For decades. And he still got the skin cancer.

I explained to him about my philosophy and he sees my dark tan that I've had for the past year and a half now, and he decided to give my advice a go. He's now got a nice, healthy tan, and his natural sun tolerance has increased dramatically. He also no longer uses sunscreen.

Incidentally, I myself can go do yard work all day long with my shirt off, and not get sunburned. A year ago, it would not have been possible. Of course, since I live in Hawaii, I can work on my tan year round...most folks not living close to the equator simply can't during the winter and fall months. But here's the most important thing - in the past year and a half of sunbathing at mid-day at least 4-5 times a week, I have not been sunburned at all. This is the longest time period of my life in which I did not at least get even a mild sunburn.

I believe I've gotten my tolerance to solar radiation built up to the point where I can stand a full day of summer sun without burning. I no longer fear the sun.

Also, many folks who haven't seen me in awhile, all comment on my tan when I see them. They ask me if I've been going surfing alot lately or something...they don't remember me ever being so dark.  I usually just say "yeah, I've been going beach lately."

Next time, I think I'll answer with this: "I've been doing this radical new treatment called Paleo Radiation Therapy."

10 comments:

KARMA MRA MGTOW said...

*****OT*****

Calling all MRA’S, calling all MRA’S we need an emergency blog invasion @ http://www.smh.com.au/executive-style/culture/blogs/all-men-are-liars/the-no-problem-problem-20120523-1z51y.html

Sam the SELLOUT is at it again throwing men and boys under the bus, this is not a drill, this is not a drill.

Note the blog only has 300 word limit and don't cut and paste into it type into the comments field.

Jack Dublin said...

Just had several family parties in a row. Time in doors, plus non paleo food sent me from fine to congested in the mornings to catching the local virus that I managed to avoid for the last three weeks.

In a way, I'm thankful. Sometimes I forget how much of a difference primal living makes.

Holli said...

So for us pale faces, would you recommend putting zinc oxide on sensitive areas, like noses, or just going au naturel for 15 or so minutes? I'm dark haired, fair skinned and blue-eyed and I burn like crazy. When I was a teenager I was in marching band, never wore sunscreen, never burned. Now, I will burn at first and then gradually darken to a tan over a few exposures. But i'd like to avoid the pain and possible skin damage from that first burn if possible.

Love your blog. Love your state. I'm from Texas and we think a lot alike. The natives, that is. ;)

Anonymous said...

What about wrinkles and premature aging? As an extremely fair woman, this is the main reason I avoid the sun.

Amy said...

@anonymous, KG's point is that gradual, season-long exposure will eventually help your body adjust it's tolerance. If you are fair-skinned, you do not want to sit out for an hour or two in full-on sunlight from day one, but starting with a few minutes on day, a few more minutes the next, and working up to longer exposure times will have a net benefit.

If you really are worried about sun damage, research the benefits of coconut oil and pure olive oil, both as part of the diet and as external applications for healthy skin. Wear a hat to help limit sun exposure on your face. If you ever feel like you are getting toasty, go inside or under the shade. Even for dark skinned people, a sensation of burning indicates over-exposure.

I am of Gallic and Slavic extraction, and have a fair complexion that nevertheless tans very well. I haven't worn sunscreen in years, and I do not apply it to my children (4 and 1.5 years) who are blonde and blue eyed but have both my and my husband's tendency to tan. We've had lots of sunny days in the northeast and neither is burned - they are both well-tanned and tolerate sun exposure. We don't let them go out in the full sun for hours and hours, but researching the effects of vitamin D on mental and physical health has me convinced that sunscreen is bunk. And, who thinks it's a good idea to deprive kids of fresh air and sunshine all summer just to prevent a sunburn, when some common sense supervision and a shady spot are all you need to prevent your kids or yourself from burning?

KG, I never used to be all-in on the conspiracy stuff with drugs and all, but I have several family members who work in the pharma industry in various capacities, and they agree that the industry is more than happy to overplay certain risks in order to maintain their sovereign and superior solutions to health crises. Frightening.

MissMarie said...

I want to do this but I've been breaking out on my forearms - I have eczema. The sun *really angers* the skin there. I wonder if making sleeves for just that area would do the trick?

Keoni Galt said...

Amy thanks for the response to Holli, I concur 100% - including the use of coconut oil.

I never used to be all-in on the conspiracy stuff with drugs and all

Me either. I didn't go all-in with believing in any particualr conspiracy theories at first either. But the more I researched, and the more I personally experimented, the more I came to the truth.

There certainly exists people for which their entire livelihoods is based on exploiting other people - selling them poison masquerading as food, misleading them with disinformation so that they can then offer them false cures, etc.

I mean, go to the grocery store and just look at the sheer number of food products list shit like partially hydrogenated soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, monosodium glutamate and other toxic ingredients....right out in the open with the official stamp of approval by the USDA and the FDA.

That's an undeniable, plainly discerned conspiracy right there.

Amy said...

look at the sheer number of food products list shit like partially hydrogenated soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, monosodium glutamate and other toxic ingredients....right out in the open with the official stamp of approval by the USDA and the FDA.

And just like with the issue of skin cancer and sunscreen, people will tell you that those things must be OK to eat because the USDA and FDA say so - after all, the government has our best interests at heart!

Government is not your friend, and it has not been "of the people, for the people" since probably 1789.

One of the great advantages of the internet is that I now have a personal and very rich trove of research materials at my fingertips. Finding J. Stanton's site from your blogroll was a golden moment. I almost got sick when I read about how HFCS is made, how ag subsidies keep the corn flowing and people sick, so many things about the realities of our food and health systems. It's all up-ended logic and it comes straight out of a dystopian sci-fi novel.

Some people think I'm nuts or paranoid. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you :-)

Gerard said...

I don't know about this. Basically what you are saying is that everyone regardless of skin complexion can develop tolerance to tropical sunlight at peak hours. Keoni are you dark-skinned? I am 100% white and born and raised in Hawaii and I had to be very careful with mid-day sun. I guess you give your Norwegian friend as a counterexample. Interesting perspective that you might be able to gradually become accustomed to it.

John said...

Keoni, a word of warning. I'm UK born of 100% Nigerian parentage - in other words black (dark brown complexion). Years ago I visited Florida and got sunburnt (about 1cm diameter on the side of my head) from parading around Disneyland all day. As you can imagine, I was surprised to say the least. I've lived and worked in Nigeria intermittently over the years and never once got sunburnt - why? Because I moved from one shaded, air-conditioned environment to another in my daily routine - home, car, office, mall, etc. The pharmacist informed me that black people should also take care in the blazing sun and wear sunscreen.

Now, I haven't always followed this advice and have travelled to many hot climes since without mishap, however I do hope that this cautionary tale will make some of your lighter-skinned readers pause.