Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is the Misandry Bubble Getting Ready to Pop?


The Fifth Horseman's predicted that eventually The Misandry Bubble is going to pop by 2020.

Perhaps the groundswell of outrage showing up in the comment section of Kay Hymowitz's WSJ shaming screed is an indication that this bubble is going to pop much sooner than 9 years from now...

As Ferdinand Bardamu noted:

The silver lining in Hymowitz’s noxious screed is that virtually the entire commentariat is united against her. There are hundred of comments on her article and I can’t read them all, but from what I’ve seen the ratio of haters to supporters is at least nine to one...

Dude...that was 2 days ago. There are now 1327 and counting responses, and it still looks like it's about the 9-1 ratio of commenters castigating Hymowitz for her misandry and constant anecdotes regarding the injustices of our society towards men.

As Ferdinand noted:

This is momentous. As recently as a couple of years ago, an article like this would have gone unnoticed by men, part of the white noise of misandry blasted into our ears all the time. Now, whenever women like Hymowitz rear their ugly faces to condescend and blame us for the country’s ills, there’s a horde of angry men to descend upon them and drop truth bombs until they cry. A sea change is occurring, with the ideas of the manosphere leaking out into the public at large. It’s men – on strike!

From my point of view, this looks to me like a true, grass roots movement of AWARENESS.

Remember Joseph Goebbels, the Third Reich's Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda's most famous quote:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Indeed, the TRUTH about the extent of misandry-based injustice and what it is doing to our society as a whole, is the greatest enemy of the current Matriarchal state...and it seems like there is a groundswell of people are beginning to recognize it.

Perhaps all this MRA/MRM blogging over the last half decade really IS having an effect.

When I first began blogging in 2007, I remember one of my first posts that got my first, substantial positive response (Back than 9 comments was 'substantial' at this blog...lol): MRA In Your Personal Life.

I am of the opinion that being an MRA carries a responsibility to it that requires far more than logging on to the internet and raging on your blog about the unfairness, inequality and stupidity of feminists and their useful idiot manginas. Don't get me wrong, the proliferation of MRA blogs is vital in raising awareness, because it seems to be the only venue at this time in which MRA ideas can be discussed and disseminated to a wide audience, as almost all other mediums of communication have been corrupted by feminist group think and PC conventions. I myself lived a life of ignorance and just kind of went along with the general theme of feminism's ubiquity in the mainstream Western consciousness until I discovered MRA blogs.

That was in 2007...and now that seems like such a long time ago. These ideas, these TRUTHS are now hitting the mainstream. Just 4 years ago, the manosphere was just a tiny lunatic fringe on the interwebs...it is now percolating into the mainstream en mass.

Looking back on my thinking back then, I think I severely underestimated the effect of manosphere blogging on the popular culture at large:

But the most important thing to remember is this: no matter how hopeless it seems, we MRA have the ultimate weapon on our sides in combating the rising tide of feminist thought...the truth.

Truth is our ultimate weapon, and we need to wield it wherever and whenever it is prudent to do so. This means we need to speak up when we can to help raise awareness of the ignorant and to counter feminist myths that are repeated as facts, and to identify and counter the folly of misandry whenever we encounter it in the real world. This, I believe, is far more important than blogging.

Perhaps blogging is really all it took to raise awareness to the current level we are seeing. I've recalled many a person blogging and commenting that the entire manosphere blog world was mindless venting and in the end will never amount to a hill of beans.

It is now patently obvious that those criticisms are utterly mistaken.

MRA blogging HAS raised awareness...and the awareness of the TRUTH is hitting a critical mass much quicker than I think even the most optimistic of Masculinist bloggers thought possible just a few short years ago.

It almost seems...


...revolutionary!

15 comments:

Simon Grey said...

One of the reasons that I remain optimistic about the future is due to the existence of the internet in general and the blogging community in specific. Thanks to these two things, I, and everyone else, are not slaves to the lies of the MSM and government. All of us can learn the truth and share it, and we cannot be stopped. As such, I am truly grateful to you and other bloggers such as Vox Day, Elusive Wapiti, and Ferdinand Bardamu for opening my eyes and inspiring me to make my own contributions to the blogging community.

Keoni Galt said...

My pleasure Simon. This is how the blogging thing is gaining increasing momentum. Back in 2007, Rob Fedders "No Ma'am" blog got me to take up the proverbial pen of blogging.

It is humbly gratifying to see this inspiration paying forward to others who pick up the pen as well.

Deansdale said...

Keep up the good work :)

Samson said...

Just 4 years ago, the manosphere was just a tiny lunatic fringe on the interwebs...it is now percolating into the mainstream en mass

Awesome. Feels good to be part of it in some small fashion.

Unknown said...

I guess that depends on your definition of "pop".

I've been aware of the coming bankruptcy of the United States Federal and State governments for quite a while now. It's been obvious to me. Slowly that knowledge has percolated up to the general conciousness, and really took the political scene by storm in the last election cycle.

But the bubble of government spending still hasn't popped. The Republican controlled house cannot bring itself to cut more than $60 billion in spending when they're going trillions into the red. The Wisconsin legislature (both the Assemble and Senate) has been brought to a standstill by the force of more-spending.

Victory is not assured, even with a majority of the country self-identifying as conservative.

I will consider the Misandry Bubble actually popping when divorce and child custody laws start changing around the country; when sexual harrasment cases for normal behavior are thrown out of Court; when schools for boys (schools that seek to harness their energy, not medicate it) become available and commonplace; etc. Until then it's just talk.

The misandrists have the high ground, politically and legally, and historical inertia on their side. The simple fact that some few have rallied to your cause is not victory; taking the hill is victory.

Alte said...

I posted this link on my blog yesterday, but I don't know if you had seen it. Apparently, the Catholic press shares Ferdinand's opinion (but without all of the expletives).
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/where-have-all-the-good-women-gone

TFH said...

It still takes until 2020 to pop.

This is because we are still nowhere near mounting even the tiniest of resistance against any feminist laws.

There is still a ways to go.

But I will say that my flyer campaign, URLs @ Urinals, has already started to have a big difference. Remember how scalable and amplified the effect of those flyers are. The blogosphere is less than 1% of the population.

Go out and post flyers!! We can move things into the steep part of the growth curve in the matter of months, if we keep posting flyers!

TFH said...

So when there is pressure to actually change laws, and when that becomes a serious possibility, then we can say that resistance is substantial.

Keoni Galt said...

Perhaps TFH...perhaps. I'm just thinking that awareness has reached I level I don't think I expected to at this point. I think that when this bubble pops, it's going to be like a cultural avalanche building up steam, and from the looks of it, 9 years away is a LONG time for something that does look like is picking up some steam.

Alte said...

I predicted 5 years, TFH, and I'm thinking it might happen even sooner than that. The economic collapse is coming at us full steam, and I didn't see that moving as fast, either. Perhaps the quickening of the latter is effecting the former. There are an awful lot of underemployed men out there now, and the women in their lives are getting angrier and angrier.

What's striking me the most is the fact that so many women are getting on board so early. But we saw the same dynamic in the Great Depression, so I don't know why I'm surprised that it's coming up again. Perhaps it's also simply the fact that feminism is now "standard practice" and people are in an increasingly reform-minded mood. Not to mention that the feminists often come off quite elitist, and their problems seem so petty. Elitism is going out of style in an age of austerity.

CSPB said...

Two points:
The first point is that women are drawn to follow men that are leaders. Men with a mission. Many of these women grew up without enough father time. They are starving for this. Also they are fed up with the current state of affairs. All this and maybe the tendency to be drawn to the bad boys has an is at work, with the MRAs as the new bad boys on the block.

The second point is that movements don't grow on a linear or geometric basis. They progress with logarithmic growth. So when "market penetration" reaches between 2% and 3%, there is explosive growth. This is seen if the growth curve is plotted on a geometric scale. So a movement toils away in obscurity and then seems to appear out of nowhere.

TFH said...

I am sticking to 2020.

HL :
I'm just thinking that awareness has reached I level I don't think I expected to at this point.

Hmm.. Remember what happened 55 days ago.

Now, in just a few more days, Paul Elam will start AVfM Radio. I, and others, will post flyers advertising AVfM radio. The feedback loop will accelerate.

Remember, you can post flyers too. This has a very magnified impact - a flyer posted above a urinal at the right place will be see by 50-100 men in a single day.

Post flyers!! It is working!! Do it where tourists are, in Hawaii. Shake them out of their slumber!

CSPB :

So when "market penetration" reaches between 2% and 3%, there is explosive growth. This is seen if the growth curve is plotted on a geometric scale. So a movement toils away in obscurity and then seems to appear out of nowhere.

Yes!!! We can make things very different by the end of 2011 if we all start posting flyers.

1000 hours of flyer-posting is all that it will take, some portion of which has already been done.

Keoni Galt said...

Heh...I have considered posting flyers, I just need to find the appropriate venue around here. My workplace would be a waste of time, and I no longer really go to many public events anymore.

I'll keep an eye out for an opportunity though, I do think it is a good idea and a worthwhile effort.

TFH said...

HL,

Based on my limited knowledge of Hawaii... :

Military bases would be great.

Or a hotel full of tourists/visiting businessmen.

Universities (specifically Med and Business schools) are great too, as they have men in the 23-29 age range, who are about to embark on lucrative careers.

ElectricAngel said...

By the time we change the laws, changing the laws will be unnecessary. The first place I send every new recruit to MRA, HL, is the post "Relationship Game: A Reader's Journey" at the Chateau. I've done that for about 25 men who had reached the end of their ropes in relationships with unchaste or unchastened women. Those 25 did not kill themselves, and if wise began to apply game to their personal relationships.

"Who saves one life, saves the world entire," my Jewish friends have quoted to me. You've created 25 new worlds, and that effect has to be additive.